18 May 2016 — 6 to 7pm
Best Practices for Destroying People’s Dreams
The talk title comes from the fact that, over the course of his career, Matthew killed several projects by providing evidence that the project shouldn’t even begin (or should be stopped in its tracks). Twice, he’s had to deliver the bad news to someone who then went on to shutter their entire business. And they thanked him for it. Spending $20,000 to make that early decision meant avoiding spending millions to build something no one would want enough to justify the money, time, and effort.
Come see Matthew Oliphant’s talk at FINE! Best Practices for Destroying People’s Dreams!
Upcoming Monthly Meetings and Workshops
- June 15, 2016: Drew Parroccini will present So You Want to Build a Web Team
- July 20, 2016: Presenter and Topic TBA
- August 2016: Yearly Board meeting. No Refresh meetup. Go outside!
- September 19, 2016: Presenter and Topic TBA
- October 15, 2016: Kristen Gallagher will present How to Win Friends and Influence Work
- November 16, 2016: Presenter and Topic TBA
- December 2016: No Refresh meeting. Go outside!
- January 2017: Yep, already starting to plan for it. Stay tuned!
We are always on the lookout for speakers. Even if you’ve never given a talk before! Interested? Drop us a line and let us know.