17 February 2016 — 6 to 7pm
A Skeptic’s Guide to Branding
There are few things given more skepticism by the geeks of the world than marketing. Indeed, we like to see ourselves as above the buzzwords and cheesy stock photographs, safe in a world where the empirically best solution is the one that will win out. But there’s a problem. Marketing, and especially branding, is critical to the geek’s career.
Come see Zoe Landon’s talk at FINE! A Skeptic’s Guide to Branding!
Upcoming Monthly Meetings and Workshops
- March 16, 2016: Kronda Adair will present The Truth About 2015: Lessons From a Failed Project
- April 20, 2016: Lacey Williams Henschel will present Jane Austen on Python: Tips from an English Major on Writing Better Code
- May 18, 2016: Matthew Oliphant will present Best Practices for Destroying People’s Dreams
- June 15, 2016: Drew Parroccini will present So You Want to Build a Web Team
- July 20, 2016: Presenter and Topic TBA
- August 2016: Yearly Board meeting. No Refresh meetup. Go outside!
- September 19, 2016: Presenter and Topic TBA
- October 15, 2016: Kristen Gallagher will present How to Win Friends and Influence Work
- November 16, 2016: Presenter and Topic TBA
- December 2016: No Refresh meeting. Go outside!
- January 2017: Yep, already starting to plan for it. Stay tuned!
We are always on the lookout for speakers. Even if you’ve never given a talk before! Interested? Drop us a line and let us know.